|Job Title||: Finance & Admin Officer|
|Job Level||: Executive Grade IV - Grade IIIa|
|Report To||: HR & Administration Manager/ Executive Director|
|Location||: Ang Mo Kio/Siglap and Yishun|
The incumbent reports directly to the HR & Administration Manager/ Executive Director. He/she will be responsible for the full spectrum of finance and accounting matters, and coordinates administrative matters in the organisation. One of the key requirements in this role is the need to ensure accuracy, completeness and in compliance with internal controls for all financial transactions. This role is also expected to prepare and submit financial corporate statements in accordance with industry practices (e.g. GAAP) for audit and regulatory purposes (e.g. IRAS submission).
The job responsibilities for this position include:
- Annual Budgeting and Ad-Hoc Project Budgeting
- Prepare and seek approval on the annual budget for PAVE that involves allocating resources to support development, while still keeping an eye on the income of the organisation.
- Handle other ad-hoc project budgeting including presenting and reviewing ad-hoc budget requests, monitoring execution of approved projects and ensuring compliance with the organisation's fiscal policy.
- Handle all funding agreements and requests to MSF/NCSS.
- Responsible for managing and soliciting funds to aid in the organisation's growth. This task involves managing investments and/ or fundraising activities etc.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and HR & Admin Manager in monitoring payroll expenditures while always keeping in mind the status of the budget.
- Other payroll tasks include ensure payroll is set up for new hires, setting up salary budget for new positions and administering any salary raises/ increment with ED & HR.
- Need to analyse the financial data in the financial reports and identify opportunities to strengthen income/ revenue generation or operational efficiencies that can reduce costs
- Maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organisation are met including Charitable Status, Withholding Payments, Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit and liaise with the Board's Audit Committee and the external auditors as necessary.
- Prepare annual charitable return in a timely manner as appropriate.
- Liaise with the Treasurer, Finance Committee and/ or Audit Committee as appropriate.
- Assist the Executive Director and the Board Treasurer with financial reporting as required at Board meetings and the Annual General Meetings.
- Implement processes that:
- ensure that financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current legislation.
- maintain internal controls related to financial expenditures, procurement and payment/ claims such that risks are mitigated (e.g. document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions).
- Maintain all financial accounting systems and controls
- Handle book-keeping function including maintenance of proper accounting records for the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll for all the centres under the organisation.
- Track and manage the different types of restricted funds/ funding schemes for all the centres under the organisation.
- Handle all daily cash management including managing money that comes into, within & out of the organisation (cash receipts and payments).
- Reconcile bank and other accounts.
- Handle all accounts payable including checking and process invoices, payments, petty cash, expenses, claim and reimbursement in accordance with internal controls/ procedures.
- Handle all accounts receivable; manage our credit to ensure that all invoices are billed and collected timely and take charge of all the necessary VCF/SDF claims for the organisation.
- Safeguard other finance related instruments/ contracts including securities, insurance policies and other valuable papers (cheques, tenancy agreements/ stamp fee etc).
- Maintain all assets including IT and communications equipment.
- Manage procurement such as obtaining and evaluating quotations.
- Manage online donations such as SGGIVES portal.
- Keep track of various subscriptions.
- Work on any other areas that the Administration Manager/ Executive Director may direct as and when necessary.
If you are interested, please write in to:
HR & Administration Manager
Blk 211 #01-1446
Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
Or email your CV and relevant certificates to: