Frequently Asked Questions

If I am Experiencing Violence, Who Can I Call?

Call '999' or send an SMS to 71999 for immediate help. If you require further support, please contact PAVE at 6555 0390 or any other protection specialist centres below.

  • Care Corner Project Start: 6476 1482
  • TRANS SAFE: 6449 9088
I Know of Someone Who is Experiencing Violence. Can I Call on Their Behalf?

Yes, if you know someone in need of help, you can contact PAVE at 6555 0390 on Mondays to Fridays, 9am – 1pm and 2pm – 6pm.

You will speak to a social worker to best determine the next steps for the person concerned.

Can I Apply For a PPO in PAVE?

Yes, PPO applications can be done at PAVE, via the iFAMS online application platform:

Appointments to affirm your PPO complaint form are to be made via iFAMS online application platform and can be done at PAVE from Monday to Thursday mornings, from 9am-12pm.

If you require further clarification, you may contact us at 6555 0390 and speak to a social worker.

Can PAVE Apply For PPO on My Behalf?

If you are 21 years old and above, you can apply for a PPO for yourself.

However, if you are

  1. Below the age of 18 years, or
  2. Above 18 years old AND have mental impairment/ physical impairment

A family member, guardian, relative or a person appointed by the Ministry can step in to apply for PPOs on behalf of survivors below 18 years of age or who are incapacitated

Please contact us at 6555 0390, speak to a social worker regarding your situation.

Will My Spouse/Family Member Be Charged When I Apply for a PPO?

No. The application of a PPO does not mean that your spouse/ family member is being charged in court.

However, if your spouse/family chooses to continue to use violence towards you despite the presence of a Personal Protection Order, an Expedited Order or a Domestic Exclusion Order, it is an offence under the Women’s Charter, Section 65. You can read more here.

Will You Inform My Spouse/Family Members That I Have Contacted PAVE?

Your safety is of utmost importance. We will not contact your spouse/family member if it is unsafe or if you are not ready for us to do so.

However, it is also important for your spouse/family member to seek help as violence can only be stopped when the Person Who Abuse (PWA) takes responsibility for his/her use of violence.

You can speak to our social workers to determine the next steps for yourself.